Blake Scott - Early Session
Blake Scott released his debut album Niscitam last year. Better known as a member of The Peep Tempel, Blake is revered for his character driven lyrics and pointed songwriting, evident across the band’s three critically acclaimed albums.
The Saturday Paper stated, “Blake Scott’s new solo album, Niscitam, shows off his prowess as one of Australia's most important songwriters.” The Australian described the album as a “quintessential and challenging yet wholly rewarding career-best effort.” Niscitam was heralded by The Guardian Australia as one of the best Australian albums of 2020 and was a 2020 Australian Music Prize finalist.
Blake will take to the stage at the Croxton Bandroom and will be joined by his band Jacey Ashton, Nick Finch and Olivia Bartley (Olympia) who all performed on Niscitam.
This is a Covid Safe event and there are a few things we need you to know before you arrive.
- PLEASE DON’T COME if you feel sick, if you’ve been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with coronavirus (Covid-19), or if you have travelled overseas or to a coronavirus hotspot in the last 14 days. We will refund your ticket.
- BRING A MASK — if you are unable to socially distance, it will offer you some protection. (The Croxton Bandroom has a special exemption from the Health Department to run at a higher capacity, which means reduced physical distancing indoors if a show is sold out, which means increased risk.)
- A strict NO QR CODE, NO ENTRY policy applies at our venue. We use the Service Vic App QR code and you will have to SHOW SECURITY YOUR GREEN TICK at the door in order to get inside.
- There is NO CLOAKROOM at this event. Bags bigger than A4 size are not permitted in the venue.
- NO MOSHING, NO CROWD SURFING. No kidding. Patrons who kick off will be removed from the venue. We’re really sorry about it, but we’re in a pandemic.
Do you best to remain socially distanced and practice good hand hygiene. If you feel sick at the event, please report immediately to the Box Office so we can do a first aid assessment and get you home safely.